It's getting to be that time where friends and family are starting to gather and come together to shower Baby Girl Pumphrey with all the things she needs. This little girl already has so many people that love her, and they haven't even been drawn in by big beautiful eyes, cute smile or infectious laugh yet (all of which I am sure she will have).

Last week, my co-workers showered her with lots of love. It was a fantastic shower, and the best part was that I knew how to use everything that was given to us. It was a HUGE fear of mine to be sitting in the shower and trying to smile at a gift that I knew nothing about nor how to use it (think back to the show Friends when Rachel had her shower...I didn't want to feel like that). Anyway, we were given tons of stuff from bottles to clothes to books and the staff gave a group gift of the playyard we signed up for on our registry. Whew! A big thing off our list. We were very excited to receive this gift because we planned on using this bassinet option as Baby Girl's bed until she is 15 lbs. We didn't want to see any of our friends nor ourselves waste money on a bassinet and sheet and the stuff to go with it that wouldn't be used past a certain weight. Plus now that we have a playyard we can take her to grammy's in houston with no trouble, and it comes with a flying bag, so grandma and grandpa can enjoy her in Seattle too! Anyway, we are so blessed and thankful for everything given to us, and don't worry the sign-up sheet for babysitters and holding time has a few spots open...in 2013 that is...just kidding. Thanks for all the love!
 |
| The decor |
Then this past weekend, Saturday, I threw Mike a little "Diapers for Dad" shower at one of his favorite places, TopGolf. We have been a couple of times, but because it is a little far out there for us and especially for our Fort Worth friends, we haven't been nearly as many times as Mike would want to, so I invited a bunch of Mike's buddies to join him at TopGolf. The motto was "Diapers. Dudes. Drinking. Duh!"...and that's just what they did. The guys were told in the invitation to bring a package of diapers in order to gain a gamer card - and you should have seen what our dining room table looked like when Mike got home. WOW! The boys did VERY well! Oh and the best part, I sent Mike to the party with a shirt that read "I'm on Diaper Duty" I think he liked it a lot. I bet we will be seeing more of it soon ;) Needless to say, from what I heard they all had a blast. They had "manly" foods served - angus beef sliders, pulled pork sliders and daddy juice aka beer. I love that I was able to throw him a party, and that so many of his friends/relatives could make it out - I think there were 20-22 people in attendance, and the best part - I haven't heard a single complaint :)
I will have to post the picture of the dining room table and/or the closet with all the diapers pilled on/in it when I download it from the camera. Again, truly blessed. And I will get Daddy-to-Be-Mike P to pose in his fun shirt.
Lots of love,
Jaime
No comments:
Post a Comment