Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas has landed...

Mike and I have been very productive the last couple weekends with getting out the christmas decor. We had hoped to get it all done in one weekend, but last weekend it rained (which is not the best weather to be in while messing with ladders and electricty). However, we did succeed in getting the tree up and the stocking hung! They look fantastic! At first, we were a little nervous to see if it would fit since last year at this time we were still in limbo from apartment living to house living, but it fit and looks wonderful! We are getting quite the collection of ornaments too. Mike and I collect one from ever place we visit...we have one from Fort Worth, Maine, Vancouver, Seattle, Boston and a few others with TCU ornaments mixed in between. The newest addition this year was a "Good Dog" ornament with Boscoe's photo in it...althought we are thinking it should read good-almost-all-the-time dog. Still working on the jumping, digging and the puppy bitting, but other than that we can complain too much about the pup.

We also celebrated Mike's birthday this past week. We are completely the opposite when it comes to celebrating birthday's - while I do the whole month-long countdown, mike goes at birthdays a little more low-key. This year, though, we got a bunch of folks together at Ton's Mongolian Grill - wishing I had gotten a picture because we had most of the original Ton's crew together, plus got a free newbie to join in on the fun - next time, camera!

Oh, and we had another doctors appointment last Friday...nothing fun, just blood work. I did find out that since I am A-, I have to get a shot...I actually think I have to get 2 of them which isn't fun at all, but so far everything seems to be going smoothly! No complications at all just a little woosy at times :)

...Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment