Family & Friends,
I didn't get to everyone last night, and for that I am sorry (but don't worry I am still going to call even after this email is sent!). Oh, and for those I did reach and left a voicemail saying call me, we'll chat -- I left my phone on silent and left it at home when Mike and I went out...can I start blaming things on pregnancy brain?? Oh, that's right folks, I am preggers!
Right now we have an 8 week 6 day old blueberry in my belly that we have been affectionately referring to as the Pea in the Pod. Someday this little pea will have a name and a gender and all the other cutesy nicknames, but for now he/she will have to be OK with being referred to as a pea -- that's right, I can do anything I want, there's no talking back yet!
We don't know much about the Little Pea with the exception that the Little Pea does not like to lay down; I am hugely uncomfortable when I lay down to go to sleep. I am told this could end, but as I get bigger I will get even more uncomfortable, fun?!?!
And what I am sure you all have been waiting for...the story as to how we found out about all of this...
The Little Pea officially made his/her presence known November 14, 2011 although Mike and I didn’t have this confirmed by the doctor until November 28. We knew something was up in the beginning because I was completely drained of energy and hungry but not hungry, sleepy but couldn’t sleep, and I felt like I was coming down with the flu. Turns out it was a baby, something we are finding out slowly but surely is way more exciting that the flu!
We took a couple home tests -- I didn't believe it when I saw it for the first time, so I googled "best time to take a pregnancy test" and followed their suggestion, the test still came back positive...
We met with my doc, Dr. Alicia Larsen, on the 28th, and found out that the Little Pea had been there long before we even thought, and then we found out that we were due July 8, 2012 (which happens to be a home game against the Twins...kinda funny since I am a twin...oh, but we are only expecting 1 baby to be born). Anyway, I was stunned, scared, happy, joyful, and anxious, worried and on cloud nine all at the same time. Mike just kept smiling at me, and kissing my head – which made me a little annoyed because I thought I was the only one freaking out on the inside, but the truth came out once we left the doctor’s office – we were in the same boat.
...and that's pretty much the story.
To start a family was in our plans, just not this soon, but God superseded our plans, and said we would be parents. We are putting most, if not all, of our faith in Him to help us during the next 7 months to get the house ready, get us ready, and to provide us with as much guidance as possible. Luckily we have a fantastic support system, locally and on all the coasts - knowing this keeps us calm. We would love your prayers for strength, health and steadfastness.
We will probably be setting up some sort of blog that we can post fun belly pictures, baby stories and home improvement stories, but we haven't gotten that far just yet - when we do, you all will definitely get a link where you can watch us as we become parents -- of course, that's only if you promise not to laugh too hard when we make mistakes.
Lots of love!
~Jaime & Mike
I have 3 close friends expecting too (one due January, the other in April, and another friend due 4 days before me), and my primary doctor had a baby in November, so be careful of the water these days...

No comments:
Post a Comment