We will see how long this lasts. I am hoping to post as frequently as I can, but I am not a huge fan of using the computer at home. I think work should stay at work, and home fun should be just that fun! Needless to say, you will probably see the most activity either before 8am, during lunch or right after 5pm (we don't want to get the bosses mad.).
So let me follow-up my last post with how the parents took the news.
They are all over the moon! My mother will be going by "Grammy" as she alreasy does with Brianna, and Lisa and Vance are figuring out what they would like to be called. I was thinking it would be fun to go by "Mamacita," (taking from the spanish heritage of Jaime / hi-meh) but I think I will stick with the tried and true "Mom"...and Mike will probably go by "Dad."
Lisa is even going to do the untrasound in late January, early February to determine the gender of the baby (hopefully my mother will be able to come up to see this too!). I think we have given the family a good note to end the year on (this was a tough year for the Pumphrey's and Pacilio's with the loss of our grandmothers and a dear friend of ours in the beginning of the year), so to be able to share this news with everyone was a delight.
Oh, and my bosses have been so supportive. I feel very blessed to have them on my side. When I broke the news to them, it was soon after we found out, and the scared-jaime came to them with tears and fear that I would have to find a new job. Jim assured me that they have never fired anyone for getting pregnant, and with that assurance it seemed to rest some of my fears...but then I went in to tell my other boss, Mike. The tears started falling again, but his excitement turned my tears into laughter. Then there is Kellye, she is awesome. I gave her a beautiful quilt that my grandmother made, and the very next day she hands me this beautiful blanket that her granny made for grandbabies...she is so excited for us, and wants us to keep the gender from her until it is born...whew, that's going to be tough, but for her anything! I tell ya, I really do have the best bosses in the entire world.
Then word spread everywhere, and to everyone. It is such a blessing to have friends and family that are supportive and excited for anything and everything that happens to you because with each phone call my heart only got bigger and my excitement for the future got bigger too.
Thanks!
Oh, and I forgot to mention the most excited person...my sister!
No comments:
Post a Comment